Awakening: Adapt  

Thursday


It has recently come to my attention that I live a very safe life. Truth be told, I have done everything I could think of to create a safe life. The suburban house wife, the mini van and the all important, if not physical, symbolic picket fence.

I didn't have a lot of safety as a child. As an adult most of the decisions I have made have been to make my life "better" then what I had. Sometimes I treat my Christianity as a stepping stone for the "better" life. Isn't that what it is? A place for good morals, happy children and good marriages.

What I didn't realize is that my picket fence isn't keeping out all of the bad. Instead it has kept me in a very safe "better" life than what I had. It isn't the "best" life that God has called me to live. How does my picket fence life show the power of my God?

God has been calling me to change. Change radically. To fall in love with Him dramatically. To respond with a faith that trusts Him with my life. I love my life. I love my husband, my kids, my home and all the treasure I have stored up in it. There isn't anything wrong with safety and security. I am scared of every step that calls me out of my safe place. Stronger than the fear, I have a desire to know what is outside this fence of mine. I am curious to see what God has beyond this "better" life of mine. I want to grasp the thing called "Christianity" that brings me first to my knees and second into following His plan.

How are you responding when God calls you to change?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster