Honoring God & Inspiring Others  

Monday

Do you limit yourself? Do you limit your dreams? Are you afraid to begin because you can't see the end?

I do.

Last year I quit smoking. Then, a friend challenged me to run a marathon. A What?!! A marathon, a running race that is 26.2 miles long. In September of last year I started training by walking 20 minutes a day.

Proverbs 16:9
The mind of man plans his way,
But the LORD directs his steps.
In October I ran my first 2 consecutive miles. When I touched the back of my minivan as if to mark the moment, I began to cry. Running isn't that big of a deal but having the idea that I could stick to something without knowing the outcome is. I didn't know I could run two miles.

In November I ran my first race. I got up, I ate my breakfast, I followed my plan and I made it to the starting line. I ran my first 8k, also the first time I ran 5 consecutive miles. I did it 2 minutes a mile faster then I thought I could.

In February I ran my first half-marathon. 13.2 miles. It took me two hours and 25 minutes. I didn't know I could run 13 miles. Again, I cried.

There are things and moments in life that will tell you about yourself. When I run, I am reminded that there is potential in me that I don't know yet. I don't have the courage to start things on my own but sometimes I find myself facing a fear and taking on the challenge. Because of one idea, one challenge I was inspired. I pray that my journey will inspire others. I know I have drawn closer to God in the process. I now can see in many areas of my life where the courage to begin and finding the strength to pursue and endure come from God. The finish line really isn't as important. What I thought would be the finish line in the process has disappeared but the journey will drive me for the rest of my life.

I may not see it and you may not see it in me but God does. I believe that. I believe He sees in me abilities and ideas and concepts that I can't even grasp. When it comes to honoring Him with my life, He is my biggest advocate and the best trainer. It isn't about just living a better life. This life isn't about the beginning or the end, it is about the journey. It is about taking this very moment and pointing it to God and His promises.

Matthew 10:30-32 (amp)
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear not, then; you are of more value than many sparrows.
Therefore, everyone who acknowledges Me before men and confesses Me [out of a state of oneness with Me], I will also acknowledge him before My Father Who is in heaven and confess [that I am abiding in] him.


I will run my marathon this weekend. I don't know if I can run 26.2 miles. I know I have trained. The journey has been amazing. I will be looking to Him in the process.

What calling in your life needs you to get started on journey?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster