Prison Break: Commitment  

Wednesday

Lives full of Commitment and yet we are not really committed to anything. Sometimes life becomes the list of responsibilities and has no clear purpose. Do you ever find yourself living in the line between a life that serves God and a life that longs to be accepted by everyone around you?


I do. It is hard to stick to the identity I want. I want to be a follower of Christ and yet I have all this stuff I hold onto.


Luke 9: 57-62 As they were going along the road, someone said to Him, "I will follow You wherever You go." And Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." And He said to another, "Follow Me." But he said, "Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father." But He said to him, "Allow the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim everywhere the kingdom of God." Another also said, "I will follow You, Lord; but first permit me to say good-bye to those at home." But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (emphasis mine)


How do we do it? How do we make the commitment? How do we stop hitting the easy button and fall back on our old patterns? How do I make the first thing on my mind the Kingdom of God?

Today, when I ask myself who I am, I am going to answer and say a Christian.
Today, when I ask myself what I am going to do, I am going to answer Serve God.
Today, when I ask myself how am I going to live, I am going to say Following Christ.

and

Tomorrow, when I ask myself who I am, I am going to answer and say a Christian.
Tomorrow, when I ask myself what I am going to do, I am going to answer Serve God.
Tomorrow, when I ask myself how am I going to live, I am going to say Following Christ.

Hopefully with a little accountability from the Body and lots of prayer, my patterns with change and I will stop living in the in between and I will choose to commit to who I truly am in Christ.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster