Vision: Life Change  

Wednesday


Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? I am not talking about the movie but the theory that when and where a butterfly flaps its wings it could essentially effect when/where/and if there will be a tornado. I have always appreciated this theory and I believe it is in essence the idea that no matter how small, everything effects something.

There always seems to be a lot of talk about change when the new year comes. It is a time for self-reflection. Maybe the only time of year we re-evaluate where we have been, where we are and where we want to be. It is a good time to start new habits and try and get rid of the old ones. Try and follow my thought process here...what if I believed that one small thing that I change in my life, would have an effect as grand as the flapping of the wings of a butterfly? What if I believed for a moment that by living my life according to His Word that He will take that beyond anything I could conceive or imagine.

When I first started thinking about the idea of changing someones life, I thought that it was a little crazy and far fetched. Okay, maybe possible if you give me a year to build a real relationship with someone so that I can feel comfortable actually trying to "save" them. I have a tendency to only see what I am capable of and not what God is capable of doing with my obedience. If God can use the flapping of a butterfly's wings to change the direction of a tornado, is He not also capable of using my desire to change someones life for something beyond my foresight?

1 Corinthians 3:7-9 So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is
anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are
one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are
God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
I don't know why God set it up so that He can use my life for His purpose. But, what an amazing thought to know that I am in partnership with Him. Whatever I choose to do today in response to His grace will be taken and used in a plan much bigger and greater then I will ever know.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster