Backyard: Our Nation  

Thursday

Some days it is just easier to point fingers at everyone else. Taking personal responsibility for my own life, my community and lets not forget my nation is a heavy burden to bear. Why can't I just focus on me? Why do I have to show love to everyone, they don't even like what I believe?

Because we are called to do just that....

Phillipians 2:14-18
Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so
that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God
above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you
appear as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that in
the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor
toil in vain. But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon
the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you
all. You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with
me.


Light in Darkness (Family Challenge)

Get yourself a flashlight. In a dark room have everyone sit in a circle. Pass the flashlight around. Whoever has the flashlight should hold it under their chin (don't forget to turn it on) and give an example of how they can be a light in their world......Encourage you children to use their unique personalities and talents for ways they are light.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster