Shifting Gears: Stand  

Tuesday

How are you? How is life treating you?


Things have been a bit hectic for us lately. Mostly, attempting to find some sort of routine in our daily chaos. It gets easier to compromise this and that as the schedule gets more full. It may be silly but I have always done my best to make time and actually schedule in one night a week when we have no obligations. It has always been catch up night, a few hours to spend just us, being us.

I get frustrated when people tell me that I need to choose my battles. Life is just going to get busy and as the kids get older, I guess, I am suppose to just understand that they won't be able to be home one night a week. I am going to do my best to not get on a soap box about my own personal need to stand but I want you to know something.....

.....it seems that people don't like it when you take a stand for something important to you. They want to knock it down and make fun of it. They will tell you, you are too stubborn, too tough, too moralistic, yada yada yada....

So, maybe family night seems like a ridiculous stand to make, but to me I only have a short time to help grow and nurture them. I only have a few moments to let them know I love them and for me that is something worth standing up for.

What is it in your life that you make a stand for? The list could be endless, but you have to have something. Something worth the fight, if necessary.

1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster