Shifting Gears: Move  

Thursday

Do you every wonder why God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son? I do. I wonder, if God knows our hearts, wouldn't he have known that Abraham would do whatever He asked?


Take a look at Joshua. He saw the terrible battles he was about to fight. God led them right to it. God could have taken away all of the struggle and sacrifice, if he wanted to.

Why doesn't he?

I am not going to pretend to be a super-theologian here but I will tell you that from my perspective God wants us to know what we are capable of, he wants us to move. If He did it all for us, we wouldn't accomplish a thing, we wouldn't learn the thrill of accomplishment or the reliance on God that only comes from times of struggle.

It seems to me that the works-in-progress that we are needs to grow in faith by needing more faith. We only find how patient we truly are when we are tested beyond our abilities. We discover that only with God's strength are we capable of overcoming are greatest battles. Sacrifice and joy becomes words we cherish because we know what we are capable of surviving when we have them. And on the occasion that we loose a battle, we learn that God is going to comfort and guide and protect us.

Life will bring you to the battles, big and small. Do you know that God is going with you? He is.

Psalm 18:28-32

28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.

29 With your help I can advance against a troop;
with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

31 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?

32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster