Breakdown: The Law of Moses  

Thursday

I could be considered a dictator. Sometimes my rules can be so ridiculous. I have the best of intentions at heart. I am really just trying to protect and guide my children the best I know how.


Sometimes I am so set on them following the rules that I get furious when they seem intentional about breaking them. I have to admit that my own parenting style lacks tremendously in the grace and mercy example. I love my kids and in my heart I am trying to love them by keeping them protected. I don't think they see it that way.

There are undoubtedly rules that shouldn't be broken and life lessons I should be showing my girls. But, there are also the rules I set to dictate certain behaviors and patterns in their lives. I forget to be lenient. I forget that people make mistakes. I forget that my own children need to know that when it goes wrong, they are forgiven.

Thankfully, our Father is a much more merciful, forgiving parent.

Romans 8: 1-4 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster