Valleys  

Thursday

Life is undoubtedly full of valleys and mountain tops. Being a Christian doesn't promise any less valleys. It doesn't promise that bad things won't happen to good people. Being a believer in the saving blood of Christ does promise that wherever we are in life's topography, God is with us.

I have never understood the roller coaster ride that some people choose to be on in their Christian lives. God never leaves us, regardless of the place we are in. The same joy that is shouted from the mountain tops of life should be the relied on in the valleys. The Father in our times of triumph is the same Father in our times of weakness.

Philippians 4:11-14 .....for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Next time life brings you to a valley, no matter how long or how deep, remember God is with you. It is up to you to trust that He is there.

There is a section of Romans 8 that I go to when the valleys of life overwhelm me. In verse 37 it says "...we are more than conquerors.". I find peace in those words, to me it is a promise that I am on the side of God and I will overcome this, whatever the "this" is.

Write His word on your heart. Know the promises made to you. Believe you are adopted into the family of God. He won't leave you in your time of need.

Romans 8:37-39 "...in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster